Reporting Form

Use this form to report any suspected invasive insect, forest pest, or disease.

To take pictures of a fast-moving insect, slow it down by placing it in the freezer for at least an hour before taking the picture. Upload the picture(s) below. Store the insect in a tupperware-like container until you hear from us. We will either tell you to release the insect or give you instructions about mailing it, delivering it or arranging for pick-up.

Having trouble submitting a photo? Please email them to


Forestry Information Center
1-800-444-8978 within New England

What are you reporting?
Upload an image of the insect, tree damage or location.
Maximum 3 files.
20 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, png, jpeg.
Describe the site in as much detail as you can (a park, business name, etc.).
Please use any landmarks you observed at the site to help indicate the exact location.
(Color, size, shape, etc.)
Describe any tree damage: holes in tree (indicate size and shape), S-shaped tunnels in bark, dieback of upper canopy of tree, etc.
(NOTE: Emerald ash borer only attacks ash trees, genus Fraxinus.)
CAPTCHA This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.